Lisa Freeman Stops Work Bullying in Michigan
Production Goes Up While Bullying Goes Down
Lisa Freeman shares her innovative program with Human Resource Managers in Michigan, at a recent luncheon workshop to stop work place bullying and harassment.
Lisa Freeman Tackles Workplace Bullying
-STOP workplace bullying
-STOP workplace harassment
-STOP sexual harassment
-TRAIN Workers and Bosses
Regardless of its source, workplace bullying can have serious negative effects on employees, such as:
- Absenteeism and low productivity
- Lowered self-esteem and depression
- Digestive upsets
- High blood pressure
- Trouble with relationships due to stress over work
- Post traumatic stress disorder
Work Place Bullying Statistics:
-1 million people in the USA miss work every day for fear of being bullied
-82% of bullied workers quit their jobs due to stress and fear
-Adult Suicides report, 15% are related to Work Bullying
-35% of the U.S. workforce (an est. 53.5 million Americans) report being bullied at work.
-15% admit to witnessing some type of work bullying.
-Half of all Americans have directly experienced it.
-Simultaneously, 50% report neither experiencing nor witnessing bullying.
Hence, Gary Namie, Founder of the Workplace Bullying Institute calls it a "silent epidemic".
Workplace bullying and sexual harassment are also bad for business. Some of the ways that companies suffer due to bullying include:
- High turnover, which is expensive for companies as they invest in hiring and training new employees only to lose them shortly thereafter, possibly to a competitor
- Low productivity since employees are not motivated to do their best and are more often out sick due to stress-related illnesses
- Lost innovations since the bully is more interested in attacking his or her victim than advancing the company, and the victims become less likely to generate or share new ideas
- Difficulty hiring quality employees as word spreads that the company has a hostile work environment
YOUR BUSINESS IS OUR BUSINESS
STOP WORK RELATED BULLYING NOW
WE CARE ABOUT YOU & YOUR EMPLOYEES